The long evenings of the winter months invites families to stay home and enjoy the warmth of their own home. Naturally, attention turns to the fireplace as both providing extra heat and as the focal point of the room. New technology and environmentally friendly design has brought contemporary updates that are sleek, fashionable and playful.
- Finishing – Fireplace finishes have changed. New products such as the Cool Wall Series open a wide variety of design options by allowing a cool surface as a backdrop for finishes.
- Wood – Wood burning fireplaces are back in style. Decorative spaces for wood storage are adding architectural interest.
- Larger Openings – One of the leading trends in fireplace design is enlarging the viewing window of the fireplace. A simple retrofit of an existing fireplace can make a huge difference in the look of any room.
- Corner Fireplaces – This popular feature of the 1990s is back with modern updates. Two or three sided fireplaces with sleek styling and elegant accents, such as wood or metal, are providing a centerpiece for rooms.
- Fireplace Walls – Linear fireplaces that stretch the length of the wall is one trend showing up in model homes across the country. Monotone colors and clean lines finish this modern trend.